10 October, 2022 - 10 October, 2022
The Sindh Innovation, Research, and Education Network (SIREN) working under the auspices of the Government of Sindh, and the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) is organizing a Lecture entitled, “Bond Breaking and Making by Low-Valent Main Group Compounds”. All research scholars, students, scientists, and faculty of SIREN universities are cordially invited to attend this important lecture.
Catalysis is responsible for the production of myriads of important chemicals but most of these reactions are done by transition metal compounds which are often expensive and toxic. Main group catalysis offers a great potential to circumvent these problems, and recent work has demonstrated the ability of low valent main group compounds to mimic transition metal complexes in the cleavage of strong single bonds. This lecture will discuss the recent progress in addressing the fundamental aspects of bond breaking and making on main group centers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Students, Researchers, Academicians, and Faculty
Dr. NIKONOV Georgii Igorevich
Chemistry Department, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
1. Department of Chemistry, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia, Ph.D. 1995.
2. Department of Chemistry, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia, Diploma with Excellence, 1992.
1. Member of the Advisory Board of Chemistry Select (Wiley-VCH) since January 1, 2016.
2. Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK), since October 31, 2014.
3. Member of the Advisory Board of Organometallics (ACS), January 1, 2013-December 31, 2015.
4. Member of the Advisory Board of Dalton Transactions (RSC), since January 1, 2012.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: 10th October 2022
DAY AND TIME: Monday (02:30pm – 3:30 pm)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 08th September 2022 (Free)
VENUE: Lecture Hall A, Latif Ebrahim Jamal National Science Information Center (LEJNSIC), International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi-75270, Pakistan.
For more information: [email protected]; Call : 021-111-222-292 Ext: 267, 275.
Room No. 202, 2nd floor, L.E.J. National Science Information Center, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi, Karachi-75270.
Lets spread the l